Thursday, May 17, 2007

And on the 7th Cup of Caffeine, the Migraine Subsided

I got a migraine right when I found out it is now supposed to rain all weekend and my much anticipated first Subway Series game of the year (to which I purchased tickets months ago) might get cancelled.

OK, maybe a few other factors were involved like
a. work
b. general brain malfunction

This is just a good example as to why hope and optimism are overrated. I bought these tickets ages ago! I took off work so I wouldn't be late to the game! I made sure my Mets sweatshirt was all clean and ready for bloodshed! I told my mother to not come into town for a visit until Saturday morning! I told her when she arrives I might be dead, but "don't worry, Mom, I died happy, and talking shit about the Yankees!"

God. Dammit. What a let-down.

Maybe I'm overreacting. Maybe I'm having a cerebral melt-down for other reasons. There's just a lot at stake here, you know? Someone, please... hold me....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home