Tuesday, May 08, 2007

All Star

I am running out of time for bad theatre. I have seen more Broadway in the last year than I have in my entire life combined and I'm just about at my wits end. Twice in the last week I have seen very bad shows and it's starting to worry me. Maybe I'm uber-picky, maybe my taste is just getting fine-tuned, but man oh man... what I just don't understand is why do bad shows come from virtual Dream Teams of theatre big wigs? (and this isn't a smack against the Broadway! I like Broadway...when it is just that...)

I just don't get it! You think you have all the pieces there and the product is mediocre.

One of my biggest pet peeves is not going for It 110%. There is no excuse. If you're going to write an existential play, or a metaphorical play WRITE IT. Write it all. out. If you go balls to the wall no one can fault you for trying. Shameful some of the recent stuff.

I just don't understand why people don't fully embrace the shows they produce, or fully embrace anything for that matter. Own it! Love it! Live it!

Without that there will be no future of theatre (and thus no future), and I will be sad because I will have no job because I cannot do anything else and I will starve and die an early death.

So please, let's start getting some shit right.

1 Comments:

Blogger Rhymes with Banana said...

Done and Done and you shall be the first person i have read this play I'm writing...I will throw my proverbial nuts on the proverbial wall and it will make your proverbially turned on..so there you go, happy hump day

3:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home