Tuesday, April 17, 2007

America's Next

My boss just told me I look like a super model today. I wonder how this can be true, really, as I'm wearing my really old plaid pants and a black shirt. I added a bracelet. Maybe I'm having a good hair day? I doubt that's true since I didn't shower this morning, and haven't brushed my hair in over a month. Perhaps I applied just the right amount of bronzer?

I have been a bit down on my physical appearance as of late as
1. I am female
b. I am stressed.

I need my eyebrows taken care of, a pedicure, for my fingernails to stop being short (my bad), and a couple more months at the gym would be good. I would like a new wardrobe, and to be the person who wakes up early in the morning to do her hair, creatively apply make-up, and accessorize strategically. The problem is... I just don't care. I'd rather sleep.

As my life has slowed down a little (or, not so much slowed down as the evenings have freed up and I've been able to do the fun things with friends I choose to do.. that and I got a piece of paper that tells me what I will be doing for the next 3 years of my life. That helps), I've gotten the chance to get a little bit of perspective, do a little reflecting, and I am starting to come to that horrifying conclusion that maybe I spend to much time focusing on what I don't have, rather than the amazing number of wonderful things I DO have.

I guess if I got a pedicure, and laid on a regular basis, I would be like the ad for Entourage. "Maybe you can have it all."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home