Monday, March 19, 2007

March Madness

Like clockwork, I always seem to lose my mind in March. Without a doubt, every year at this time some nor'easter (if you will...) has gotta come charging up the coast to dump literal (and proverbial) ice all over the damn place. I. Hate. March.

You see, it's been months since there's been any excitement. We survived the holidays, we ate up the end of the football season, we survived Valentines day, and then we're left with March. 31 days of pure pain and torture.

It is safe to say I have lost my mind.

Coupled with the lack of sporting event with which to center my life around, I have just opened a play. I remember in high school and college what post show depression feels like. Hell, the show isn't even over and last night all I wanted to do was shoot myself in the face. Back in January I put myself into hyper-drive (surprise!), and dove straight into the show quite pleased that it closes the day before baseball begins. Brilliant timing! What a distraction! Yes! Yes! Yes! Then it snowed, and we opened, and I have nothing left to control.

I'm totally sick of my boots, I'm sick of my sweaters, I hate my coat. For two days I got to breathe spring-ish air and fantasize about what spring brings along with it. New York emerges. We wander the streets, eat ice cream, find pleasure in laying on benches. April in New York City, my friend Chris once said, is like mating season. Hell, we're human, Bring. It. On.

But noooo... last night my laundry was done, my cupboards were full of food, my room was (kinda) clean, there was no show for every 24 hours, and it was fucking cold... so I spent my time revamping my myspace profile, staring at my shelves of books remembering how good it feels to read, and pacing, literally pacing back and forth and back and forth from one end of my aparment to another.

People think it's funny when I say I'm depressed between the Super Bowl and baseball's opening day. "Oh, there goes Alli, being a cool girl again/maybe just trying to get attention, har har har." Well, NO. It's March and the ground is frozen and my heart and soul are frozen and all I can remember is how much easier things were back in October.

Now, now that I have gone March-Mad, all I can think about is the end...

are we there yet?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home