Friday, March 09, 2007

The Misplaced Anger

Today, as I was walking by the GAP I got irrationally angry. (Clearly misplaced anger bubbling up. Not enough gym time or yuengling to erase this week! But one should never be that angry at a clothing store.)

The boyfriend khaki is the GAP's new product of the moment. Stringy-haired blondes in "boyfriend" style khakis adorn the display windows, billboards, magazine ads... WHY, I wondered as I glared at the display from underneath my hat, IS IT THE BOYFRIEND KHAKI?! Now, not only is the GAP trying to sell me cookie-cutter clothing, it's telling me that because I am a single woman I am not trendy. I must wear the boyfriend khaki!

But what if I don't want the boyfriend khaki?

What if I want to wear the friend-with-benefits sweatpants and pair it with the fuck buddy tank?

I don't have time for boyfriends, or boyfriend khakis, or khakis for that matter.

I'm going to be single and naked for the rest of my life, GAP! That's what I think!

And it doesn't sound that bad does it?

2 Comments:

Blogger Laura Petrillo-Groh said...

you

are

my

hero

7:49 PM  
Blogger Adam807 said...

Hee. I would love to see the ad they come up with for the fuck buddy tank.

6:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home